Creighton University will allow a limited number of fans to attend men’s basketball home games at CHI Health Center Omaha – currently up to 10% of maximum capacity – beginning with the Xavier game on Wednesday, Dec. 23, under a plan approved by the Douglas County Health Department and the Metropolitan Entertainment & Convention Authority (MECA).
Limited tickets will be offered to season-ticket holders on a rotating basis utilizing the Creighton Athletics Priority Seating Point System and will be made available (subject to availability) on a game-by-game basis. At this time, only select seats and suites (in limited capacity) have been approved for usage. All tickets will be sold digitally on a single-game basis with seat locations that allow for physical distancing. Season-ticket holders will receive an email from the Creighton Athletics Ticket Office on Friday, December 18 with more detailed information regarding the ticket sales process.
“While we are excited to offer limited attendance at our men’s basketball home games beginning with Xavier on Dec. 23, our top priority will remain the health and safety of our student-athletes, coaches, staff, and fans,” said Creighton President the Rev. Daniel S. Hendrickson, SJ, PhD. “We have implemented a number of safety protocols, and will continually assess these practices and other factors in moving forward. Things will look different at CHI Health Center Omaha, and we appreciate everyone doing their part to follow these requirements.”
All fans will be required to wear face coverings and maintain physical distancing in and around the arena. Signs and floor decals will be located at entrances, security check points, concession stands and other areas of the arena to promote physical distancing. Hand-sanitizer stations also will be available at all entrances and throughout the arena. Concessions will be open and an app will allow fans to preorder food from their seats and then pick it up at the concession stand. There will be no fountain or draft beverages; only bottled beverages will be sold.
The following additional protocols will be enforced:
- Temperature checks will be administered at all venue entrances, and ticket holders with temperatures of 99.9 degrees or higher will be denied admission.
- MECA’s clear bag policy will be in effect, and staff will check bags upon entry.
- Fans will be expected to limit their movement in and around CHI Health Center Omaha to reduce congestion.
- Concession stands will operate as “cash free” environments. All major debit and credit cards as well as NFC mobile payments will be accepted.
- Food and drink may only be consumed when fans are in their seats.
- Fans can only remove their masks when actively eating or drinking.
- Fans must refrain from cheering while unmasked to eat and drink.
- Spectators are prohibited from accessing the playing floor/courtside/event level of the arena at all times.
- Fans are expected to practice physical distancing when exiting the arena.
- All tickets will be digital and scanned with limited employee-to-fan contact.
- All seats will be reserved and fans are required to sit in their assigned locations to aid contact-tracing requirements as needed.